Saturday 8 October 2011

Scotch Pancakes

The weekends usually start off with me nagging my man to get out of bed. But - and I never though I'd say this - thanks to the rugby (!) he's getting up early (read "before 11:30am") of his own accord. So I get the opportunity to cook breakfasty things - something I never do because it's a little bit sad to cook breakfast for one.

I've never made pancakes before so I made scotch pancakes:
125g self raising flour
20g sugar
1 egg
125ml milk

I whisked the egg and half the milk with the flour and sugar, then whisked in the rest of the milk until the mixture had air-bubbles. Then I just cooked them on a non-stick frying pan on very low heat, flipping them when they were bubbly. 

My man coated his with Nutella and sliced bananas, but I preferred mine just with butter. To be honest, I'm more of a "scrambled eggs with cheese and toast" person when it comes to breakfast - the pancakes are a bit too smooth.