Friday 14 October 2011

My Fish Recipe

So when you're a beginner with fish, absolutely everybody just tells you "Ooooh it's so simple - Just put a drizzle of olive oil and some lemon juice and stick it under a grill and you're done!" Well, that really does not, and has never, worked for me! So I'm going to share the first fish recipe which I really really liked, and which is now my default fish recipe. What this recipe yields is a creamy-textured moist well-cooked fish, no fishy taste, and very low calorie.


2 boneless fish fillets (like cod, haddock, etc.)
2 cloves garlic
2 tbsp white wine
1 tbsp olive oil
dried or fresh rosemary
salt and pepper

Preheat the over at 200 degrees C. Place the fish fillets on a large piece of foil. Microwave the garlic for 10 seconds, then peel and split it and rub the fish fillets with the hot garlic. Pour the wine and olive oil over the fish, sprinkle with the rosemary, salt and pepper, and then close the foil tightly, leaving a pocket of air above the fish. Stick it in the oven for 15 minutes, and when it's done unwrap the lovely steamy packet and pour the sauce over the fish when serving. Mmmm, I didn't like fish when I was little, but this is now one of my favourite meals!